Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Any Given Monday – Google, Microsoft and Amazon All Experience Outages

It started out like any other Monday morning. I woke up, got dressed, put my contacts in and started making my way to the kitchen for coffee. Along the way, I launched a browser and the mail client on my laptop (as I always do on “home office” days) and I checked to make sure my son was up. After making coffee, I had a few minutes before it was time to drive my 14-year-old to school, I scanned the headlines in my newsfeed.

The top two headlines read:
I only got to read the hover-over teaser paragraphs before:

   a) I realized it was no longer like any other Monday morning and
   b) my son informed me it was time to go.

I am a link to the rest (and best) of this post

Do you have additional insight into, or were you impacted by any of these outages? Comment below.

--
Scott Barber
Chief Technologist, PerfTestPlus, Inc.
About.me

Co-Author, Performance Testing Guidance for Web Applications
Author, Web Load Testing for Dummies
Contributing Author, Beautiful Testing, and How To Reduce the Cost of Testing

I don't produce software systems.
I help those who do produce software systems do it better.
I am a tester.

No comments: